Smoothie Sunday: Double Chocolate Oat Smoothie
Smoothie Sunday is a Tablecrafter series on creating flavorful blended beverages.
Do you remember when you were younger and your mom said you couldn't have chocolate for breakfast? Well, now you can. Having desserts for breakfast doesn't have to be a pipe dream anymore—but with a few exceptions. Coupling intense dark cocoa and sweet white chocolate with oats make for a decadent breakfast smoothie. Our double chocolate smoothie definitely packs a punch, say goodbye to those mid-morning hunger pangs with this blend. What are you waiting for? Get blending!
Double Chocolate Oat Smoothie
Yield: 2–3 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 large banana, frozen and sliced
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp white chocolate, melted
- Soak the oats for 15 minutes with a cup of the soy milk.
- Using a blender, mix the bananas, half of the soaked oats, half a cup of soy milk, the white chocolate, and a teaspoon of honey.
- Fill your glass halfway with the white chocolate mixture.
- In another blender, mix the remaining soaked oats, half a cup of soy milk, a teaspoon of honey, and cocoa powder.
- Fill the remaining half of your glass with the cocoa mixture.
Did you enjoy our Double Chocolate Oat Smoothie? Let us know how much you enjoyed this recipe by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to hear more from you!