Can Craft: Brownie Bread Pudding with Cookie Dough Crust
Can Craft is a Tablecrafter series on creating presentable food from preserved, processed, and canned food.
As a child, dreaming up of outrageous desserts came easily. Our recipe satisfies the child at heart in all of us, but not without appeasing more adult tastes. Playing on a spectrum of textures lent by the croissant bread pudding, the stickiness of whiskey caramel, and the soft cookie crust. After tasting these, plain old brownies will never be enough after a bite of these over the top brownie bread pudding bars topped with a cookie dough crust.
Brownie Bread Pudding with Cookie Dough Crust
Yield: 12 servings
Time: 2 hours (10 min prep / 20 min cooking / 1 hr 30 min chilling)
Brownie bread pudding
- 1 box brownie mix, baked
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup stale croissant
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 box cookie mix
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cyup sugar
- 1½ tbsp whiskey
- pinch of salt
- oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 160˚C.
- In a bowl, mix brownie pieces and croissants with cream, milk, and eggs.
- Prepare a 9-inch baking pan, brush the sides with oil. Once greased, pour in the pudding mixture.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the mixture is firm to the touch. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Prepare cookie dough crust according to package and set aside.
- While waiting for the brownie bread pudding mixture to cool down, simmer sugar and water on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until deep amber in color. Watch closely as to not let it burn.
- Turn off the burner and remove from heat, slowly add cream to the melted sugar while sturring.
- Add a pinch of salt and whiskey to the caramel. Transfer to a container and let it sit until room temperature.
- Once the brownie has cooled, layer the prepared cookie dough mixture on top and chill for an hour.
- After chilling, cut into slices and serve with caramel.
Did you enjoy our Brownie Bread Pudding? Send us photos of your work at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love seeing your photos!