Our First Live Photography and Prop Styling Workshop
Price: Php 16,000
Early Bird: Php 14,500
Slots: Only 16 slots
When: July 22–23, 2017
Where: Unit 108–110 G/F Ferros Bel-Air Tower, corner of Durban, Felipe, and Polaris streets Brgy. Poblacion, Makati City, 1210
Early bird pricing is only applicable for applicants who confirm on or before June 19, 2017. Sign up now!
Join the Photokitchen team in a two-day intensive class on the Fundamentals of Food Photography, Prop Styling, and Basic Post-Processing.
Explore different ways of working with natural light and create professional looking food shots using affordable equipment. Design sets for food subjects using Photokitchen’s extensive prop library and learn how to post-process your food images for both personal and commercial outputs.
We’re only opening 16 slots for this class to give each student a very personal hands-on experience. Students will be immersed in different practical exercises where they’ll be able to shoot and prop style dishes in their respective work stations.
- A clear understanding of natural light in food photography, and how to make the most out of it. How to use front, side, and back light.
- Take noise-free food shots in low-light conditions.
- Basic equipment, camera settings, lenses, and affordable tools to boost the quality of your food shots.
- The different styles of composition and framing for food.
- How angle & perspective is affected by the nature of the dish.
- Starting your own prop library: What props to buy first.
- Hands-on exercises. The class will be given editorial briefs to photograph and style sets of dishes on their own, with the guidance of the Photokitchen team.
- Tips on dealing with clients and working with food brands in the form of actual real-life case studies.
- Finding your workflow: Planning, styling, shooting, and post-processing using Adobe Lightroom.
What You'll Get:
Knowledge and practical training to shoot food at a professional level.
- Live demos, exercises, and real-life commercial and editorial briefs to hone your technical skills.
- A food photography portfolio to start a career in the craft.
- Live critique of photos taken during the class itself.
- A certificate of completion.
- Access to all online classes here in Tablecrafter worth $265.
- Meals and snacks for the entire duration of the class.
- Access to exclusive food photography Lightroom presets made by the Photokitchen team.
What You'll Need:
- Full knowledge of basic photography principles. You can complete Tablecrafter's free Digital Photography Essentials online class here.
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera with manual and live view functions.
- A tripod during class.
- A laptop with Adobe Lightroom.